Many opportunities for service are provided by the NE Oklahoma Districts. While the Districts and NECS are autonomous entities, they do cooperate in serving the Fellowship and helping to reach the alcoholic who still suffers.
Northeast Oklahoma is home to two Area 57 (Oklahoma) Districts; the East Northeast District 30, and the West Northeast District 40. (See district map in a new window or tab.)
To get involved in district service, email the chair of District 30 or District 40. Or you can call the NE Central Service office for more direct contact information. Ask what you can do. Attend the next District meeting to see what this is all about.
What kinds of service might you get involved in through your district? Just a few examples:
- Taking meetings "behind the walls" to prisons and jails.
- Carrying the message into treatment facilities, detoxes, halfway houses and more
- Bridging the Gap by being a temporary contact when someone is getting out of treatment or correctional facilities; helping them become part of A.A. on the outside.
- Informing the public about A.A., what it is and is not, how to find us, etc.
- Informing professionals who encounter alcoholics in their work (doctors, social workers, clergy and many other professions.) Letting them know what A.A. is and is not, how to refer clients to us, etc.
- Helping to maintain communication and cooperation among the A.A. groups.